Private Equity & Venture Capital
Since the firm’s founding, our practice has centered on serving the legal needs of private equity firms and venture capital funds. Our very first clients were deeply involved in private capital transactions, and over the years we have developed a nationally recognized practice with an impressive roster of outstanding private equity and growth capital clients.
We seek to establish long-term relationships with our clients (some of which are well over 20 years), allowing us to deliver the deeply informed and personalized counsel for which we are known. All of our private equity and venture capital clients are assigned a dedicated team of attorneys. The lawyers on these teams build connections that allow us to deliver greater value to our fund clients.
Our clients are attracted to us, and remain with us for decades, for a variety of reasons, including:
- Constant senior level attention when needed
- Outstanding team of attorneys
- Practical, commercially oriented advice
- The ability to call on excellent lawyers in supporting practice areas
- Excellent sense of market terms
- Efficient and high-quality work product, without over-lawyering
- Compelling all-in delivered cost for the projects and matters that we handle
As would be expected, in addition to our leading private equity M&A practice, we provide full-service corporate counsel to private equity firms and venture capital funds through a number of complementary practices. As with our M&A practice, all of them combine the sophistication to handle the most complex issues with a practical, business-minded sensibility. We advise private equity firms, venture capital funds, and their respective portfolio companies on:
- Mergers and acquisitions, from platform acquisition to add-ons to exit transactions
- Bankruptcies and corporate reorganizations
- Executive compensation, benefits, and employment issues
- Corporate governance
- Tax issues
- Debt financing
- Real estate transactions and due diligence
- Securities and financing transactions
- Fund formation and capital raising
- Increasing regulatory oversight of the private equity space
- Independent sponsors and co-investments
- Internal investigations
- Civil litigation
For funds and their portfolio companies, our work continues after an acquisition. We provide day-to-day counsel on a wide variety of corporate and business matters, including:
- Advice regarding employment and benefits matters
- Vendor or other commercial agreements
- Complex equity programs
- Board meetings and resolutions
- “One-off” advice to senior executives on a real-time basis so they can get a quick answer and get on with their day
Maintaining the ability to serve as an “outside general counsel” as necessary is consistent with our determination to both understand our clients’ businesses intimately and partner with them as closely as possible.
- Brand Velocity Group
- Gridiron Capital
- Hamilton Robinson Capital Partners
- Health Enterprise Partners
- Heartwood Partners
- L Catterton
- PNC Riverarch Capital
- Oak HC/FT
- Point72 Ventures
- Shoreline Equity Partners
- Southfield Capital
- Town Hall Ventures
- Union Capital Associates
Acquistion of V.T. Mancusi, a provider of customs brokerage and compliance services, by Alba Wheels Up, a portfolio company of Southfield Capital.
GrayMatter Expands Industrial Intelligence Platform through Strategic Merger with Automation & Control Concepts.
Acquisition of Cooling & Heating Specialists, a commercial heating and air conditioning contractor by the Kelvin Group, a Southfield Capital portfolio company.
Heartwood Partners sale of plastic and metal components manufacturer Parkway Products to Clayens NP Group, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners.
Hamilton Robinson Capital Partners completes sale of Tanknology, a global leader in environmental compliance testing, to D&H United, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners.
Represented Shoreline Equity Partners in its Sale of Florida Veg Investments LLC (dba Mr. Greens) to Sterling Investment Partners.
Represented L Catterton in a growth capital investment in DIBS Beauty, a fast growing color cosmetics brand.
FDH IN THE NEWS
Finn Dixon & Herling LLP is pleased to announce that Skawenniio Barnes, Colin McKeon, Tony Miodonka, and Austin Pendleton were elected partners of the Firm. Read more
Finn Dixon & Herling represented L Catterton as the lead investor in the Series B round fundraising for Savage X Fenty, a celebrity-backed lingerie brand. Read more