Neil represents a variety of equity sponsors and emerging and established companies in a wide range of transactions.
His equity sponsor clients include private equity, growth equity, and venture capital funds, and fundless sponsors and other market participants. He also represents emerging and established companies and their boards of directors.
Neil has broad experience in diverse industries such as higher education, technology, hospitality, healthcare, media, consumer products, financial services, professional services, and fashion.
He has recently advised sponsors such as L Catterton, Gridiron Capital, and Dubin Clark.
Neil's regular engagements include:
- Acquisitions and sales
- Portfolio company add-on acquisitions
- Venture capital and growth equity and convertible note investments
- Efficient outside general counsel representation for governance, equity and other matters
- Joint ventures and “acquire-hire” transactions
- Coinvestments and SPV fundraising transactions
- Recapitalizations, restructurings, and dividends
- Corporate governance
- Dispute resolution
- Represented one of the top professional and continuing education companies in the United States in many add-on acquisitions in highly regulated industries, including in transactions valued in excess of $1 billion and in foreign and domestic jurisdictions.
- Represented private equity sponsor in the acquisition of leading national provider of remote and in-person court reporting, video, and interpreting services for corporate and law firm clients.
- Represented private equity sponsor in a recapitalization of travel nursing business and related acquisitions.
- Represented lead investor in preferred financing of a technology-powered mortgage originator, healthcare technology companies, and similar high-growth early stage companies.
- Represented lead investor in multiple preferred financings of a celebrity-founded fashion brand.
- American Friends of Jordan River Village Foundation (a unique overnight camp for children living with serious illnesses and special needs and part of Paul Newman’s world-wide SeriousFun Children’s Network), Board of Directors (2016 – 2022)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- “Fiduciary Duty And Drag-Along Pitfalls And Drafting Tips, Deal Points – The Newsletter of the ABA Mergers and Acquisitions Committee,” (Fall 2017) (co-authored with Austin Pendleton)
- "Duty to Creditors in Insolvency and the Zone of Insolvency: Delaware and the Alternatives," NYU Journal of Law & Business, Volume 7-1 (2010), as cited in Quadrant Structured Products Co., Ltd. v. Vertin, 102 A.3d 155 (Del. Ch. Oct 01, 2014)