Austin J. Pendleton
Austin represents clients in private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and a range of other domestic and international corporate transactions. He also provides ongoing corporate advice to private companies.
Representative transactions that Austin advises on include the following:
- Leveraged acquisitions and divestitures for private equity funds.
- Venture capital and growth equity investments across a wide array of industries.
- Add-on acquisitions and general representation of private companies, including corporate governance, securities matters, and negotiation of customer, vendor, and other complex business agreements.
Austin’s extensive and broad experience across all types of M&A transactions and private equity and venture capital investments has allowed him to counsel clients on complex and time-sensitive transactions.
Austin played baseball at Dartmouth College, where he won the Ivy League Baseball Championship in 2009 and advanced to the North Carolina Regional of the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. He joined the firm upon graduation from law school in 2014, and became a partner in 2022.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in several matters involving the leveraged acquisitions of companies.
- Completed various growth equity investments in various industries.
- Executed a number of complex acquisitions and divestitures involving the United States and several other jurisdictions.
- “Fiduciary Duty And Drag-Along Pitfalls And Drafting Tips,” Deal Points – The Newsletter of the ABA Mergers and Acquisitions Committee (Fall 2017) (co-authored with Neil G. Ruben)