Colin advises clients on complex business transactions across a wide range of industries, with a special focus on investments by private equity firms and their portfolio companies.
Colin’s practice is concentrated on mergers, acquisitions, and private equity transactions. Representative transactions that he advises on includes the following:
- Representing private equity firms in new platform acquisitions and subsequent add-on transactions
- Sales of private equity portfolio companies and other private companies
- Acquisitions and divestitures by operating companies
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Growth capital investments
- Leveraged recapitalizations
Colin also provides general corporate representation and advice regarding governance, securities, and other matters.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2019, Colin practiced in the M&A and private equity groups of two leading law firms in New York. He attended Cornell University and then Cornell Law School. Colin lives in Rowayton with his wife Caitlin and their two sons, Lachlan and Patrick.
- Represented Shoreline Equity Partners in various new platform acquisitions and subsequent add-on transactions.
- Represented Union Capital Equity Partners in multiple new platform acquisitions.
- Represented Heartwood Partners in multiple M&A transactions, including sales of portfolio companies Premier Performance / APG and Allentown, LLC.
- Represented The Interlake Steamship Company in the acquisition of substantially all the assets of Pere Marquette Shipping Company and Lake Michigan Car Ferry Co.
- Represented Oak HC/FT in the acquisition of PMI BioPharma Solutions (n/k/a August Bioservices).
- Executed concurrent leveraged acquisitions of two separately owned companies in the same industry for a private equity sponsor.
- Represented SALI Fund Services, LLC in its sale to JTC plc.
- Business Law Committee on Securities, Connecticut Bar Association