Jason R. Boyea
Jason represents clients in private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and a range of other domestic and international corporate transactions. He also provides ongoing corporate advice to private companies.
In addition to private equity and venture capital funds, Jason represents public companies, independent sponsors, family offices, and institutional investors. Representative transactions that he advises on include the following:
- Leveraged acquisitions and divestitures for private equity funds
- Venture capital and growth equity investments across a wide array of industries
- Add-on acquisitions and general representation of private companies
- Investments by small business investment companies (SBICs)
- Complex joint ventures and cross-border deals
Jason’s extensive and broad experience across all types of M&A transactions and private equity and venture capital investments has allowed him to counsel clients on complex and time-sensitive transactions. He also implicitly serves as a general counsel for both private companies and investor clients who don’t have in-house counsel.
After finishing his first year of law school in 2000, Jason became the firm’s first summer associate. He joined the firm upon graduation in 2002 and became a partner in 2009. Jason currently serves as a member of FDH’s Management Committee.
- Executed several matters involving the concurrent leveraged acquisitions of two separately owned companies in the same industry for a private equity sponsor.
- Completed various growth equity investments involving a recapitalization and/or a significant restructuring.
- Completed a number of complex acquisitions and divestitures involving the United States and several other jurisdictions.
- Represented several highly regulated companies in restructurings and recapitalizations.
- Executed various joint ventures and bespoke equity investments involving family office clients.
- Leader in Corporate/M&A, Chambers and Partners (2014-present)
- 40 Under 40, Fairfield County Business Journal (2014)
- New Leader in the Law, Connecticut Law Tribune (2012)
- Business Law Committee on Legal Opinions, American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Executive member, Fairfield University Alumni Association Board of Directors (2014-20)
- Executive legal sponsor, Connecticut Chapter, CFO Alliance (2010-11)
- “Purchases and Sales of Business Entities,” A Practical Guide to Organizing a Business in Connecticut (MCLE New England) (August 19,2013) (chapter co-authored with Jon T.Hirschoff)
- “Alpha and Beta Forces Shaping Today's Foreign Private Equity Deals,” Inside the Minds: Strategies for International Private Equity Transactions (Aspatore Books, 2012)
- “Private Equity 2011-Caveat Investor: What To Consider And What To Watch Out For When Investing Additional Capital Into A Portfolio Company,” Deal Lawyers (Nov.–Dec. 2011) (co-authored with Christine M.Stanitski)
- “Private Equity in 2009–9 Tips for Protecting Your Investment, Your Rights and Your Designated Directors,” Deal Lawyers (May-June 2009) (co-authored with Christopher Mozingo)
- “No Easy Way Out? Periodic Reports May be Required for Deregistered Securities,” Business Law Today (July–August 2004) (co-authored with Jeffrey A. Blomberg)