Claire advises investment advisers in connection with capital raising and regulatory matters. She focuses on the formation of private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds.
Claire advises investment advisers in connection with a range of matters including:
- State and federal investment adviser registration
- Ongoing regulatory compliance
- Regulatory examinations and investigations
- Formation of private funds and special purpose investment vehicles
- Fundraising, including the negotiation of side letters
- Preparation and negotiation of investment management agreements and sub-advisory agreements including for funds-of-one and separate accounts
In addition to her work advising investment advisers, Claire also represents institutional investors, family offices, and funds-of-funds in connection with transactional matters, often reviewing and negotiating the offering and organizational documents for potential investments.
At FDH, Claire is actively involved in pro bono work benefiting veterans and a member of the Women’s Initiative Network.