Ska is a partner in Finn Dixon & Herling’s Corporate group. She represents clients in general corporate and domestic and international complex transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and growth equity financings, investments, and corporate governance.
Ska’s practice is focused on representing venture capital, growth equity, and private equity funds, as well as their portfolio companies, in their investment and M&A activities. She also regularly advises private companies (including portfolio companies of fund clients) in general corporate matters, including corporate governance, capital raising activities, strategic commercial agreements, and restructurings.
Representative transactions that she advises on include the following:
- Representing middle-market private equity funds across the life-cycle of their buyout investments, including platform acquisitions, equity financings, add-on transactions, and sale processes.
- Financings involving early-stage and high growth companies, including preferred equity financing rounds, SAFEs, warrants, and convertible notes.
- Stock and asset acquisitions, including carve-out transactions.
She has experience across various industries, such as technology, consumer products, financial services, healthcare, and restaurant/food services, and represents clients in transactions involving companies with domestic and international operations. Ska’s extensive experience across all types of corporate transactions has allowed her to counsel clients on complex and time-sensitive transactions with a practical, business-minded sensibility.
Ska is co-chair of FDH’s Women’s Initiative Network and a member of the firm’s Strategic Planning Committee. Before joining the firm, she practiced in the capital markets group at Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP in New York. Originally from Kahnawake Mohawk Territory in Canada, she resides in Stamford, CT with her husband, two children, and three samoyeds.
- Represented one of the top appraisal management companies in the United States in several add-on acquisitions in a highly regulated industry
- Represented private equity sponsor in the acquisition of one of the largest executive coaching and peer advisory businesses in the world
- Represented private equity sponsor in a recapitalization of a car wash business and a subsequent add-on acquisition with a concurrent sale-leaseback transaction
- Represented lead investor in the Series A financing of a technology-powered real estate brokerage
- Represented lead investor in the Series Seed financing of a celebrity-founded pet lifestyle brand
National Aboriginal Achievement Award, Indspire (2010)
- Inaugural Cohort Member, Indigenous Leadership Circle (Canada)
- Chair of Ad Hoc Young Lawyers Committee, Lawyers Collaborative for Diversity (2021)