Kevin V. Sweeney
Kevin is an associate in the Litigation group. His practice includes white-collar criminal, SEC enforcement, and complex civil litigation matters, as well as internal investigations on behalf of corporate and nonprofit clients.
Before joining the firm, Kevin served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kari A. Dooley of the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, and the Honorable Bethany J. Alvord of the Connecticut Appellate Court. Kevin also served as a law clerk to Senator Richard Blumenthal of the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary.
Kevin received his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law, where he served as executive editor of the Connecticut Law Review. Kevin also served as skill development chair of the University of Connecticut School of Law Negotiation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Society, mediated civil disputes on behalf of the University of Connecticut School of Law Mediation Clinic, and acted as vice president and case study coordinator of Purdue University’s Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Connecticut Bar Association – Litigation and Federal Practice Sections
- New Haven County Bar Association
- Mock Trial Coach, L.A.W. Clinic (2015, 2016)
- Member, American Bar Association (2017-20)
- Mediator, University of Connecticut Medication Clinic (2018)
- Development Coordinator, Project Youth Court (2016-17)
- Vice President & Case Study Coordinator, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Purdue Chapter (2014-16)