Julia F. Snowden
Julia represents borrowers and lenders in leveraged finance transactions, frequently facilitating middle-market to large-cap acquisitions for private equity sponsors. She is a member of the firm’s Management Committee, chair of the Women’s Initiative Network and co-chair of the Associate Career Development Committee.
Julia works primarily on acquisition financing and portfolio company refinancing transactions both on the borrower and lender side. Representative transactions that she advises on include the following:
- Leveraged acquisition financings for platform and add-on acquisitions
- Syndicated and club loan transactions
- Asset-based and cash-flow financings
- Second-lien, mezzanine and unitranche financings
- Dividend recapitalizations
- Bridge Loans
- Loans by small business investment companies (SBICs).
Julia’s experience in financing transactions enables her to advise clients on a broad range of debt financing structures, including those with complex intercreditor relationships, in a commercial and efficient manner.
Before joining the firm, she practiced in the alternative investments group at Milbank LLP in New York. She joined the firm in 2014 and became a partner in 2019. Prior to law school, she worked in the music industry for an artist management company.
- Represented numerous sponsors and their portfolio companies in obtaining debt and equity financing from SBIC funds, including in connection with the acquisition and ongoing financing needs of a large fast food franchisee, a manufacturer of custom printed packaging for the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries, a manufacturer of nutrition bars, and a provider and retailer of a wide variety of hot food products, including hot sauces, salsas, barbeque sauces, and condiments.
- Represented sponsor in acquisition financing of logistics services company.
- Represented an SBIC Fund as agent and lender in connection with numerous senior, second lien and mezzanine financings.
- Represented fast casual restaurant chain in refinancing and bridge loans.
- Represented numerous portfolio companies in connection with their debt financing needs related to “add on” acquisitions.
- American Bar Association
- Trailblazers Academy Board Member (2016-19)