Christopher M. Mozingo
Chris represents clients in private equity and venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and a range of other domestic and international corporate transactions. He also provides ongoing corporate advice to private companies.
Chris has extensive experience in M&A on both the buy-side and sell-side, venture capital and growth equity financings, private equity investments and co-investments in both public and private companies, recapitalizations, leveraged buyouts, and leveraged dividends. Chris also regularly advises clients on general corporate matters, including state and federal securities law compliance, and regularly represents fund clients and “independent sponsor” clients in fundraising and other private offerings. He also implicitly serves as a general counsel for both private companies and investor clients who don’t have in-house counsel.
Representative transactions that he advises on include the following:
- Acquisitions and divestitures for private equity funds and independent sponsors.
- Venture capital and growth equity investments across a wide array of industries.
- Add-on acquisitions and general representation of private companies, including advising boards of directors.
Chris’ clients operate in a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, financial technology and financial services, consumer products, media and marketing/communications, restaurant and food and beverage, data analytics, aerospace and defense, manufacturing, and biotechnology. Fund clients that Chris has represented include Heartwood Partners, L Catterton, Metropolitan Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Oxeon Venture Studio, Saugatuck Capital Company, Southfield Capital, and Town Hall Ventures.
Chris joined the firm in 2005 and became a partner in 2013. Chris serves as co-chair of the firm’s Hiring Committee.
Leader in Corporate/M&A, Chambers and Partners (2014-present)
Connecticut Super Lawyer Rising Star in Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate (2015)
New Leader in the Law, Connecticut Law Tribune (2013)
- Vice-chair - Board of Directors, Stamford Center for the Arts / Palace Theatre
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- “Private Equity in 2009 – 9 Tips for Protecting Your Investment, Your Rights and Your Designated Directors,” Deal Lawyers (May – June 2009) (co-authored with Jason Boyea)