Terry is a member of Finn Dixon & Herling’s Investment Management group.
Terry represents investment advisers in connection with the structuring, formation, operation, and regulatory compliance of private equity funds, venture capital funds, co-investment funds, and hedge funds. In addition to registration and fund formation matters, Terry also advises clients on a wide variety of ongoing compliance and fund operational matters.
Matters on which Terry advises include:
- SEC and state investment adviser registration requirements and exemptions.
- Structuring and formation of private funds and co-investment vehicles.
- Ongoing compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and development of compliance policies and procedures.
- Private fund operational matters.
- Preparation and negotiation of investment management agreements, carried interest arrangements, service provider agreements and general corporate documents.
- Legal review of private fund documents for investors.
Clients include private fund managers, wealth managers, and family offices.