Eilis represents corporate and individual clients in SEC enforcement, white-collar criminal, and complex civil litigation matters. Eilis also conducts internal investigations on behalf of corporate and nonprofit clients.
Eilis has represented clients in securities regulatory enforcement and related compliance matters. She has conducted sensitive internal investigations involving allegations of fraud, sexual harassment, and other misconduct for clients in various industries. Eilis’ commercial litigation experience includes a variety of disputes in the areas of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud.
Eilis also has a deep understanding of corporate transactional matters and related disputes from her time as a member of the firm’s Corporate group prior to joining the Litigation group. While in the Corporate group, Eilis represented private equity and corporate clients in connection with a variety of complex mergers and acquisitions and other transactions.
Eilis is a member of the Firm’s Hiring Committee, Associates Committee, and Women’s Initiative Network (WIN).
- Investigated alleged fraud and other misconduct by executive of billion dollar mutual fund.
- Investigated potential compliance and control failures in connection with large-scale financial fraud at health system.
- Investigated alleged sexual harassment by executive of private company.
- Represented Registered Investment Advisor and its principal in SEC investigation.
- Represented audit firm in PCAOB regulatory inquiry.
- Represented private company in dispute with former owners related to breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.